What is SİSBİS?
The Insurance Fraud Information Sharing System (SİSBİS) is a central database in which the data which may constitute the subject matter of the “Wrongful Insurance Practices” and insurance fraud that are provided by third persons and insurance companies are stored.
Insurance Fraud: Means the hiding, changing or intentional manipulation of information or documents in the manner which will affect the decision of the Insurance company in order to obtain unjustified benefits.
Wrongful Insurance Practices: Pursuant to the insurance legislation, the Wrongful Insurance Practice means all kinds of actions which are conducted for the purpose of obtaining unjustified benefits for one or several of the parties engaged in the insurance relationship or the persons who play a role in this relationship.
SİSBİS covers all insurance branches such as automobile, fire, engineering, transportation, medical, life, personal accident, agriculture, etc. insurance.
What is the Usage Purpose of SİSBİS?
In Terms of the Insurance Companies;
- Decreasing of the financial loss arising from the insurance fraud.
- Providing insight regarding whether the risks should be included within the coverage or not.
- Providing the opportunity to make more accurate decisions with respect to pricing of the risks.
- Avoidance or decreasing of fraud by restricting the activity areas of the persons who are inclined to conduct fraud.
- Increasing the confidence in the insurance system by the determination and prevention of fraud.
In Terms of the Insured Persons;
- Protection of the justified interests of the honest insured persons.
- Decreasing of the premium costs.
Exemplary Insurance Fraud Cases Which May be Shared by the Insured Persons and Insurance Companies
- The cases of fraud which have been resolved by the courts.
- The cases of damage applications which constitute the subject matter of the prosecutions of the prosecution offices.
The cases where the waivers are obtained from the insured persons concerning the fraud cases which have been ascertained by the companies.
- Damage applications comprising false documents.
- Damage applications of the suspects based on unsubstantial statements, determination of false statements (such as the failure to notify the current diseases).
- Issuance of policies subsequent to damages.
- Determination of driver change due to alcohol / insufficient driving license.
- Determination of fictitious damage (such as covered damage, justified damage).
- The cases which are rejected on the basis of false damage with respect to which the insured person has filed a lawsuit against the company.
- The cases with regard to drunk driving (Sharing of risk information with respect to the driver in the cases which are rejected due to drunk driving).
- The cases with respect to the driver information (Sharing of risk information with respect to the driver in the cases which are rejected due to insufficient driving license).
- The cases where the companies require additional research on the basis of suspicion concerning fraud.
- Malinger (acting like a diseased person) attempts made by the insured person.
- Barratry (causing harm in terms of the property or life).
- The frauds which are conducted by the service provider institution.
- Claiming compensation from more than one and/or duplicate institutions with respect to the same damage.
Regarding the Notification of Wrongful Insurance Practices
If you, as an Insured party/Policy owner/Beneficiary/Rightful Owner, cause any act to provide unfair advantage for yourself or third parties in the insurance, you may only receive the indemnification in part or not at all and legal action will be taken within the scope of Turkish Criminal Law and the “Regulation on Detection, Notification and Recording of Wrongful Insurance Practices and Principles and Procedures for Fighting Against These Practices” published in the Official Gazette dated 30 April 2011 and numbered 27920 (Updating - Official Gazette: 08.01.2016-29587).